- Lean Manufacturing begins with a feasibility study at the quoting phase.
- We then review line flow, work breakdown, motion study.
- Once we become ready for production, our goals are to:
- Eliminate waste.
- Reduce costs.
- Our dedicated staff continues working towards these goals as a day to day activity.
FIFO (First In First Out) system:
- Every carton of product is labelled with a date code to manage part and material flow. We store and ship product according to the date code.
WIP (Work In Process) between stations:
- At the initial kick off phase of a project, our Manufacturing Engineers lay out the Work Flow, review TAKT times and set up the line.
- We follow DFT (Demand Flow Technology) principles when establishing line flow and line rates.
- WIP levels are replenished on a daily basis to keep scheduled production flowing and to keep components from potential contamination, waste or damage.
- WIP is maintained in “bins” in work areas with necessary tools and equipment residing on shadow boards for ease of use to the operators.
5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain):
- Operators pull parts and access tools when they need them, keeping their work stations organized.
- We have implemented visual controls to monitor how well systems are working.
- DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis).
- PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis).
- In mold design and build. In house cleaning of molds for consistent results.
- We test products to guarantee consistent specifications and parameters.
TPM (Total Preventive Maintenance) system for our machines and our facilities:
- All maintenance preventative activities are managed through a manual work order process with activities defined and tracked for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual maintenance.
- These activities are scheduled by maintenance and operations through our production control process.
There are numerous significant pressures in our industry to be more efficient and produce more product with less waste for our Environment. At Vision Plastics, we are committed to minimizing our impact on our environment as a part of our daily production process.
- Our facilities have energy efficient lighting.
- Solvent contaminated rags are properly disposed of.
- Our employees are thoroughly trained in proper material handling and storage, resulting in less product waste.